Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Movie Starz now the best in Wise Co.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movie Starz now the best in Wise Co.

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

    Most rental stores only stock full screen ( [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]) and at most two copies of the correct aspect ratio. Movie Starz usually carries an equal amount.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    USE to bug the total crap out of me.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Talk about being bugged. Video World in Coeburn usually gets at least one of each if they are released in both formats.

    I was in a hurry last week and didn't check the box of The Last Kiss. They only had one copy so I assumed that it was OAR. Got it home, started to watch, pan & scam.

    Got pissed, returned without watching.

    Even when I had a 4:3 TV, I wanted OAR. And I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movie Starz now the best in Wise Co.

    most people stil say "I dont like those black lines on the top and bottom, they cut off 1/2 the movie". I try to explain you get to see more of the movie with Widescreen and even demonstrate with a dvd case and show the rectangel shape of the movie screen and show that to make the movie "square" to fit their tv they have to cut off the sides. They don't care, all they can see are black bars [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •